Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Floor Plan

After jumping back and forth between various floor plans, we decided on the Milan.
The plan below includes all of our selected floor plan options.

Starting with the first floor we decided to convert the living room into a study as we were not fond of the positioning of the coat closet without the wall between the two rooms. We also decided to add the optional window in the study. The side load garage is a standard in our community. We knew that we wanted a fireplace and chose to place it on the side wall so that it would not interfere with our deck (a 10x12 was included as an incentive). The morning room was also included as an incentive and we close to the gourmet island in the kitchen. 

The second floor for our model does not have very many structural options. We selected the alternate upgraded owner's bath with the seat in the shower and added the additional sink as well. We added the tray ceiling in the owner's bedroom as that was something we had really appreciated about our prior home. We decided to keep the loft instead of turning it into a fourth bedroom. 



3 comments:

  1. The deck is a nice incentive. We paid for ours, but I am super excited about it. I love the study at the front of the house, one thing we don't get with the Rome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without it being an incentive we probably would have waited since we'll be moving in during the winter, but I'm glad to not have to worry about it later.
      I'm also looking forward to the study, it will likely be my husband's home office space, meaning that I'll be able to have my own space in one of the spare bedrooms instead of sharing a room like we have previously. Though it is tempting to try to convince him to let me turn it into a library.

      Delete
    2. Our study is my office since I work from home, but the study in the Rome is tucked back next to the family room. Since I meet with clients all the time, having it right at the front would have been nice but at least I still have one. We liked the Milan but it was too small and it didn't have the formal living room I need to entertain with for work. I like the idea of a pretty library when you first walk into the house.

      Delete